Job Opening: Accountant
Voyager Village in Danbury, Wisconsin is looking for a full-time accountant that wants to be part of a great team environment. Imagine getting done with work and having a swimming pool, fitness area, sauna, tennis court, golf course, and great trail system and more at your fingertips. If you’re a results focused, go the extra mile person with a passion for excellence then we have the perfect job for you.
Voyager Village is an active recreational community encompassing over 5,000 acres of woodlands, lakes, streams and wetlands in Northwest Wisconsin. We are a favorite destination for both area residents and vacationers seeking relaxation and fun.
Full Job Description: If you have the right accounting expertise and a love for the outdoors, your next accounting job opportunity could combine both of those interests. This position is responsible for day-to-day accounting in QuickBooks, including entry of GL transactions, payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm, occasional Saturday with flex work opportunities possible.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the full cycle of accounting activities for the company.
- Assisting the Auditor with preparation for the annual audit.
- Maintain 401k program.
- Manage benefits programs and work with outsourced vendor for payroll.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information, statements, and records.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- A/R and A/P data entry, including credit card, cash, and check transactions.
- Sales tax reporting.
- Preparation of all cash receipts.
- Petty cash management and reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts to the general ledger.
- Deposit slip preparation/bank deposit transactions.
- Participate in quarterly inventory and data entry.
- Must be able to answer inquiries from members regarding transactions.
- Generate various reports upon request from QuickBooks and LightSpeed.
- Contribute to the overall success and fulfillment of our mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Accounting Associate Degree, 5 Years accounting experience or combination preferred.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise and Microsoft Office is required for this position.
- Business acumen and an analytical ability.
- Technology savvy with ability to understand/learn databases quickly, such as LightSpeed Accounting.
- Ability to flex to the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly dependable, timely, and a team player.
- Ability to work overtime if required.
- Pass a pre-employment background screening and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Paid PTO & Sick leave.
- Paid Holidays.
- 401(k) with match.
- Disability insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Golf, fitness, pool, beaches, boat landing privileges (some restrictions apply).
- Employee discounts on food and merchandize.
Please send resume and cover letter to Voyager Village POA, 28851 Kilkare Rd, Danbury, WI 54830, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org